Online Dictionaries and Language Tools
Target Audience: Secondary, tertiary.
Language Proficiency: Variable, according to task.
Learning Focus: Language support for other Business English activities.
Technology Needed: Web browser software.
The Internet offers a useful array of dictionary, reference, and language tools at no cost. Following are examples of some that may be of use in a Business English context.
Media-Based Activities and Lesson Plans for Business English
- BBC Learning English, Business English
- Breaking News, Business English Lesson Plans & Podcasts
- New York Times Learning Network, Lesson Plans on Global Economics
- VOA Learning English
- How Stuff Works, Money & Business
- Internet Public Library, Business & Economics
Business-Specific Dictionary and Thesaurus Tools
Countries and Maps
Business Writing Resources
- Business Letter Writing Basics, from Kenneth Beare.
- Online Writing Lab (OWL) Purdue, from Purdue University.
- See, also: The Culture of Self-Presentation and Resume Writing from this web site.
for Kay Westerfield, email@example.com
5212 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5212 USA